Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 2: 6.30am to 2pm - Part Four

In a side street of Hans Albers Platz, I also found an interesting museum, which I will tell you about a little more in one of my next posts. Again, as I strolled along the Reeperbahn, a woman came towards me asking me if I wanted to get into a stripclub. I told her that I needed to work, which to a certain extent was true ;) and that I might come back in the evening, although knowing that I never would. Walking down the Great Freedom again, a band was jamming there and at a pub called Nordlicht (engl.: Northern Light) a lonely old man was sitting outside sipping on his beer...

Back on Hans Albers Platz, there were a couple of cabs awaiting customers. The drivers were a bunch of black guys who obviously knew each other and seemed to be having a good time. One of them even brought a football and kept juggling it, while waiting for his next customer. It was quite funny when he actually didn't notice that he had one, because he was so engaged in his playing. The other guys started laughing and told him. It must have been about 2pm now. The first tourist group also arrived and stopped at the statue of the Hamburger Jung Hans Albers.

So, after I stayed for about eight hours, I thought it was time to call it a day. Passing the Golden Glove - one of the bars which never close really - I saw drunken woman inside dancing to a German Schlager song called Schöner Fremder Mann (engl.: Beautiful Stranger - has nothing to do with the Madonna song, though). The guy sleeping on the mattress in Simon-von-Utrecht-Strasse still hadn't moved a single bit and when I came to another part of Hamburg, I saw two rather tall girls with their SLR cameras in a courtyard taking photos of something that I couldn't see. I had seen those girls before strolling over Hans Albers Platz...

No comments:

Post a Comment