Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A realization...

Looking at the desktop of my laptop yesterday, I realized that I've been unconsciously doing a lot of research into psychological thrillers lately. What I found there where the downloaded screenplays of films such as Secret Window and Shutter Island, of which I also read the book. My latest posts on the blog with clips from Lynch's Lost Highway & Blue Velvet might also confirm this. I guess this might also be why my ideas have gone a lot into the inner life (fears, feelings and nightmares) of my main character and the basic story I've come up with so far also goes in that direction. More to follow on this...

Amazing clip from Secret Window here that greatly shows the divided and schizophrenic nature of the Johnny Depp character Morton Rainey in the film. For those of you who haven't seen it yet, I'd rather recommend watching the whole film (Huge Spoiler Warning here!!!) Enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment