Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Someone's first sexual experiences...

Don't worry, I'm not gonna right down my first sexual experiences down in this post ;) so it is still safe for you to read on...

Thinking about my character, my basic story that I have so far, I thought it would be interesting to just quickly right about this and how interesting, to me, it actually is that with everyone of us their first sexual experience stays with them all their life. And I'm not necessarily talking about the first time somebody had sexual intercourse with a girlfriend or a one night stand or which ever way it happened...maybe some of us might also have this weird memory of something that happened in their childhood, which out of some reason comes to mind in this context and they actually can't explain why...

If I think about it, for example, I remember a friend of my family, who always said that she was gonna marry me one day, but always saying it in a funny way and thus making everybody laugh, including myself...

Maybe, there is some experience deep down in the realm of your memories, too, of which you are thinking at the moment, which somehow rang a bell while you were reading this. I thought this might also be somehow fitting for my character; to give him an experience like this as a child, a little more intense, though, than the harmless one that I just wrote about out of my past...

(To illustrate my point a bit more, in case you're interested, there is a dream sequence in John Schlesinger's Midnight Cowboy, in which we always see images of the main character Joe Buck's (Jon Voight) first sexual experiences, which are intercut with images of his grandmother who had raised him when he was little. If you haven't seen the film yet, check it out, it is well worth seeing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment